How to create a user in WordPress
Modified on: Wed, 16 Sep, 2020 at 7:28 AM
- Go to your WordPress admin page and log in to your website. If you’re not sure of your password, you can click “Lost Password” to reset it.
- Now that you’re in the WordPress dashboard, click on Users in the left sidebar.
- Towards the top of the screen, click Add New.
- Now you should be on the Add New User screen. Enter a username and email address for your new user. First name, last name, and website are optional.
- Enter a SECURE password for your new user. You can either use the one that WordPress randomly generates, or create your own. However, it’s important to use a secure password because hackers will try to use your login to compromise your website. Please choose a password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols.
- Keep the Send User Notification checked if you would like the new user to receive an email with their login information.
- Choose a Role for your new user. Administrator is the default and it gives the user access to all the features of the website. If you need to limit the permissions of your new user, see the other roles available below.
- Click the Add New User button and you’re all set!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.